Auburn Across Alabama Experience
University Outreach and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System have partnered to create the Auburn Across Alabama Experience, hosting a series of bus tours throughout the academic year. The overall goal of this program is to provide Auburn University faculty, staff, and administration with experiences across the state to help them better understand the needs, assets, and opportunities for engagement throughout Alabama. The anticipated outcome is to develop and sustain relationships with Alabama communities to impact communities across the state collaboratively and positively, ultimately building a better Alabama.
August 2022 Experience Summary
Tour participants experienced community needs and assets through the lens of local leaders and community members in Tuskegee, Montgomery, and Selma. Visit included historical sites, museums and a range of industries, businesses, educational and recreational sites, and facilities.
January 2023 Experience
- Provide an experience that will immerse participants in the unique aspects of our state and facilitate an understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing Alabama residents.
- Expose participants to the diverse backgrounds that Alabama students bring to Auburn University and consider ways to engage a more diverse body of students.
- Promote synergy among faculty, staff and administration from different disciplines as they travel together and react to their shared experiences.
- Strengthen relations with Auburn University alumni engaged in the tour.
- It is expected that all who are registered for the experience ride the bus along with all other colleagues and fully participate in the experience at each destination.
- Participating faculty are asked to integrate the experience into their teaching, research, extension/outreach, or service agenda based upon the community needs and assets they identify.
- Participating members of the staff and administration are asked to support faculty as they develop projects that respond to their areas of interest based on community needs identified during the experience.
- Faculty participants will be hosted for a follow-up gathering supporting the development of projects they conceptualized during the experience.
Registration will reopen when the schedule for the next visit has been confirmed. Please contact Dr. Hollie Cost to determine if spots are still available: firstname.lastname@example.org - (334) 740-2897
For more information, please contact Dr. Hollie Cost, email@example.com
Last Updated: October 17, 2022